How to Create a Demo cPanel Account
This document explains how to create and delete a demo account. These accounts allow users, such as potential customers, to navigate the features of cPanel & WHM. The users will not be able to make changes to any files or settings.
How to create a demo account
To create a new demo account, perform the following steps:
- Log in to WHM.
- Navigate to WHM’s Create a New Account interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account).
- Enter a domain name in the Domain text box.
- The Username text box will auto-populate or you can create a custom username.
- Create a custom password or use the Password Generator feature.
- Enter a contact email address in the Email text box.
- Click Create to use default settings, or choose any desired settings.
- Navigate to WHM’s Manage Demo Mode interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Manage Demo Mode).
- Select the account that you created.
- Click Modify.
- Click Enable.
How to delete a demo account
To delete a demo account, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to WHM’s Terminate Accounts interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Terminate Accounts).
- Select the demo account that you wish to delete.
- Click Remove.